1. My favorite dog walks are early in the morning at dusk when the sky is a glow. These are especially beautiful on snowy mornings like today but are a lot more comfortable on warm summer mornings.
2. I made cinnamon pancakes for my backyard today instead of participating in the teacher taping for Toys for Tots.
3. One of my favorite aspects about being an art teacher is the fact that I get to make art. Today I created 3 more stained glass trees and 2 hand printed t-shirts/
4. The boys basketball team gave me a beautiful poinsettia today with a card they all signed for helping them with the BB program. I've never owned a poinsettia before.
5. Today a student told me I got some white paint in my hair. but when I went to the mirror to look for it, all I saw were a few shiny grey hairs.
6. If I don't laugh during our art department PCT time then it hasn't been a successful PCT. Today I laughed three times. so I left feeling like something good was accomplished.
7. The first of hopefully an annual teacher cookie exchange happened after school. I turned in 3 dozen chocolate pretzel rods in exchange for 3 dozen christmas cookies.
8. A couple of weeks ago I took an annual survey about Memorial where I was asked if I had a best friend at work and I had to say no for the first time since we started taking the survey several years ago. I was reminded how much I miss having Melissa at work. I still have great friends at JMM but it's not the same.
9. Tonight I met up with Melissa for dinner at the Great Dane where our conversation was in competition with the Bo Ryan Show. I have no idea who that is, so I wasn't interested in getting my picture taken with him but I did want a picture of Melissa. We met up at 5pm and stayed until after 10 catching up on life. I gave her the assignment to start looking for a place to host her new blog and she gave me my assignment to look for a warm place to get away during vacation.